COVID-19: Business Helpline 0300 303 0660
A helpline providing businesses across Scotland with advice and guidance on COVID-19 has been announced by Economy Secretary, Fiona Hyslop.
The helpline, which is now live, will be open Monday to Friday, between 8.30am to 5.30pm. The business helpline number is 0300 303 0660. Callers should select option one to speak to the COVID-19 team.
Advisers across Scotland will answer questions from businesses related to COVID-19. The helpline will also help the Scottish Government identify the current challenges facing businesses.
- HMRC now have a helpline for any businesses concerned about paying their tax 0800 0159 559 Find out more on their website’s dedicated page.
- Business Gateway have also provided an article to help business owners and their employees find information on how to deal with concerns about Coronavirus in the workplace which you can read here.
- Ceteris have a wealth of information for businesses that is updated daily, including information on grants and other business support.
- The Scottish Government has launched a five-level framework which will refresh the strategic approach to suppressing COVID-19 outbreaks. Further information can be found at Coronavirus (COVID-19): Scotland’s Strategic Framework and from the strategic framework news release.
Business Closure Fund
Applications for the COVID-19 Business Closure Fund are being invited from hospitality and other businesses required to close (except for takeaway) by the new restrictions. To be eligible for this fund you must be a business required by law to close.
This fund operates as a two-tiered scheme, with a smaller grant of £2,000 for businesses with a Rateable Value (RV) of up to and including £51,000 and a larger grant of £3,000 for those businesses with a RV of £51,001 and above.
An upper limit of £15,000 in total applies to any eligible business operating multiple premises.
Apply to Business Closure Fund >>
Business Hardship Fund
The Council is also inviting applications for a Business Hardship fund. This fund is in place to support some businesses that remain open but are still significantly impacted by the restrictions, including those in the direct supply chains of firms that must close.
Payments of £1,000 for businesses with a Rateable Value (RV) of up to and including £51,000 is available. For those businesses with a RV of £51,001 and above a larger grant of £1,500 is available.
An upper limit of £10,000 in total applies to any eligible business operating multiple premises.
For the Business Hardship Fund you must be
- a hospitality business and or gym, required by the regulations to operate in a restricted way,
- a producer/wholesale business based in Scotland supplying primarily short-life goods or produce to hospitality businesses required by the regulations to close or operate in a restricted way. You must be able to evidence a 25% reduction in turnover during the brake period.